Sunday, March 2, 2008

Here are the wonderful first B-day pictures

here is the picture of his basketball cake that forever more will haunt himSo in the beginning he cried a little when we stuck on his B-day hat but he soon got over that and began to think the hat and the singing was pretty cool
so we sang
look at our happy boy. OK mesmerized boy
see look at the picture. You can see that look in the eye. Should I blow out the candle should I not
We'll I guess he decided not! So he reached quickly (I might add) for the candle and mom was just a little to slow and now he hates the very site of Basketball birthday cakes




So an hour later we tried it all again, and the horror filled his screeching cry.
So of course we gave the cake thing two days hoping all the bad memories would fade, but no, he cried the second we put the cake in front of him

9 comments:

Saysha said...

That was such a fun party you guys had for him! I'm glad you caught pictures of the candle drama..poor thing. He's so cute when he's mad though! He's a keeper..too bad he's not a few years older...he'd be great for Caitlin! ;o)

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

poor little guy. That will definantly be a birthday you or him (apparently) will never forget.I hope the rest was fun. He is adorable.

Josh and Emily said...

I love the pictures of the first birthday. We had a similar experience. I can't believe that he has already been in this world a year!!! The time goes fast. Well, I hope that you guys are doing well.

Life in the Alps of Switzerland said...

Hey guys! I love the birthday picture. He is darling and full of personality. Hugs and kisses from G'wald. - kenz

The Baker said...

betsy, I found your blog, yeah.....it's sis lewis. Your little boy is adorable, what is new with you? I found Fichialos's blog too, I have just been in a stalking mood I guess, I love keeping in touch through blogs. I am so bad I haven't kept in touch with ANYONE from the mission. it's weired how life changes. Check out my blog,
www.justinmeganandkids.blogspot.com
Megan

Andrea said...

Awwww! I wish we could do this again next year! It won't be the same!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

kbankids said...

Hey Bets-
What a cute boy you have. Love the blog by the way. It's fun to see what you're up to
love ya
Bryn