Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lily Elizabeth Bulkley









Well I'm not to good w/ the whole blog thing, so I don't know how these will turn out once I post them. We wanted to share with all of you, our precious little miracle, Lily Elizabeth Bulkley. Election day was held on her birthday, and though some people with good intentions tried to help with the name (Obama, Democracy, Liberty, etc) we did the same as we did w/ Lucas. Betsy picked out the first name and I got most of the say on the middle name and named her after her wonderful mother (for those of you who don't know, Betsy's real name is Elizabeth. She was born at 11:08 pm and was 7 lbs 6 oz and 21 inches long. We are happy to report that Lily and Mommy are doing great. Betsy was going to try to do it w/out a epidural but when she got to 6.5 cm she didn't go much further on her own, so they broke her water and gave her some pitocin. When the contractions really started going, she decided to get an epidural, but little Lily came and Betsy felt what seemed to be the full brunt of Lilies force. She was screaming at everyone. The doctor (and Betsy) had me gown up and help w/ the delivery. She came out like a greased football, but I didn't drop her!! They are doing great!! We are so thankful to have them both healthy and happy. Lucas is a great big brother and I am sure will be so helpful!! I will try to keep up to date on the pictures.

16 comments:

Saysha said...

Oh my gosh CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!!!! I am so excited for you and SO GLAD to hear everything went well! She is absolutely adorable! Wish I could give you a big 'good job' hug Bets. Good luck with everything and enjoy your sweet new little bundle! Yay!

Kirstin said...

wow congrats! she's beautiful!!!

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

Congrats guys she is beautiful!!!! I guess Nate wont be able to make it for the birth! I cant wait to see her this Christmas. Hope mom and baby are doing well

Karyn said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to meet her! Lily is so cute.

The Posse said...

Awww, congrats! She's absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see her in person. Love the name.

James Family said...

Congratulations from us James'.
We didn't even know you were pregnant so that was the shortest pregnancy ever for us.
You have a beautiful family.

Anne said...

Congrats!!! She's beautiful, looks like Lucas approves :) Have fun, keep the pictures coming. Hope you are are doing well!!

Mylissa 2 said...

Congratulations. I am so excited for you guys. Please keep up the pictures, it would be fun to see what you are up to!

Eugie said...

I love the hair do!!! She is perfect, my goodness...you bulkleys know how to make them. Can't wait to meet her. See her soon.

Rachel said...

didn't know you were prego... so congrats she is such a cutie!

The Wilkins' said...

Congratulations to you guys! She is beautiful! Jory, I'm glad you were able to assist with the "greased football." Enjoy that little baby! Wish I could hold her!

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

She's beautiful and I love her name! Congratulations on another little one--and enjoy shopping for a girl--it's so much more fun than boys! I'm glad everything went well...

Kasey Later said...

Congratulations! So glad to hear everything is going well and that you're healthy. Lily is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy that new little one!

Stacie said...

congratulations! You have such a cute family! You guys look great. I'm so happy you found our blog, We would love to catch up with you.

Melissa said...

Aw, she's beautiful! Congrats guys!

Natalie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!