Friday, March 27, 2009


Ok! So to the few faithful bloggers who are willing to check this post time and time again and to no avail any post. This evening Jory and Lucas are on a father son outing and Lily is asleep, so here I am posting.
We'll here are the two kiddos aren't they cute! Lucas is such a sweet boy and Lily is beginning to Giggle, what could be better then this! So I have recently leased an awesome space for a studio, now all I need are clients, miner detail. So all these photos were taken in the studio. It was an old lumber mill, high wood beamed ceilings and stained cement floors. I have all but chucked my strobes in the trash and have started shooting all window light how fun. And the bonus is I can't work nights, no light no shoot.






















The boats are courtesy of Krista & Diego aren't they fun.


Look at my baby's eyes. She's a Nicoll
























Now take note of this awesome backdrop. I have to give a shout out to my talented sister-inlaw Karyn, for painting it for me. It has been so fun to shoot off of. I also have thrown a few images I have shot in my studio this past week. No, these girls are not my long lost children. But they sure were cute!

Take care all of you I will try to be better about post.

15 comments:

Ashley said...

How fun! These look incredible, you have such a talent. And that Lily's baby blues...whew. What a beauty.

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

I love the new pictures! Horay for a studio those pictures look awesome with natural lighting!! You dont have to guess who your children look like, Lilly completly you and of course I have said it before Lucas is Jory to a "T". What cute kids!!

Andrea S. said...

Hey Betsy I just found your blog and am so excited. Where are you living these days? I am so jealous of your new studio space. If you're in UT I'd love to come check it out before I move to Cali. Shoot me an e-mail and let me know how you're doing. annskidmore(at)mac(dot)com

Andrea Skidmore

The Posse said...

Freaking aMAZing! I love, love, LOVE the studio, of COURSE the kids are darling and can I just say wow? Such great shots. You're amazing girl.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are wonderful!!!!!! :)

Marni Bown said...

Betsy, my son is getting baptized this month...where are you when I need a photographer. You do such an amazing job. I love them all.

Eugie said...

Love the studio, and that backdrop is amazing! The kids are darling! Can't believe how big Lily is already. See ya soon.

The Wilkins' said...

Yeah for an update! I can't believe how big Lucas is - and cute of course! Lily is such a doll! Your studio looks amazing! I'm sure you'll have lots of clients in no time - you're amazing! Wish we could come and get photos taken :) And yeah for natural light only - meaning no nighttime shooting!

Trever said...

Your kids are so cute. Additionally, you always does such a good job with the photography. I can't believe how big Lucas is getting! Lilly looks a LOT like Betsy (thank heaven.) :)

The Vincent's said...

What beautiful pictures. This makes me miss you guys even more seeing your blog! Sorry I've been such a bad friend! We are slowly starting the packing process and what did I come across the package to send to Lilly! So that is my new goal for this week! Miss you guys!!

Rachel said...

she totally has your eyes betsy! it is amazing, such cute kids!

kbankids said...

Hey Bets-
You have the cutest kids. I love their eyes. If your back in Ut let me know where you're at I need you to take pictures of my kids.
love ya
Bryn

Karyn said...

Lucas and Lily are so cute! Thanks for coming to see us in Chicago!

Just Barbara said...

Betsy, your little ones are just beautiful, you are such a wonderful talented woman.

Em said...

Oh your kids are such little cutie pies. Sheesh. Eyes that are totally killer!!